Not your average...

So today I am writing this from my boyfriend's mother kitchen. Yes, that is correct. I am home alone while he gets to scoop camel and goat poop, lovingly and passionately of course.

All the while avoiding doing some of my online homework which contrary to popular belief is not  easier than in class courses. That is a post for another day.

So I am going to brag about one of my daily staples, my FitBit.

If you haven't heard about the FitBit yet you are not on the personal fitness tracking device bandwagon that left you in the dust about a year ago.

PSA: I am almost positive this is not a fad. I have had mine for over a year and can happily admit that I am addicted. 

I was skeptical at first just like I was when it came to any Apple product that I now own and understand all the hype about.

I have the FitBit Flex, but FitBit has a few great options to fit your individual lifestyle. You can check them out here: https://www.fitbit.com

  • My device fits in this nice little wrist band and pops out to charge. It is water resistant, but for what mine as been through it may be waterproof... 
  • I wear mine every day and almost everywhere, the only places that I don't wear my FitBit are in the pool, shower, or at the beach. ( I would hate to loose it or successfully kill it.) 
  • Mind you when I say it has been through it all it HAS. I have worn it in extreme heat in Houston which the heat index was around 130 degrees F some days and in extreme cold while sledding in Kansas on an overpass (Kansas is flat if you didn't know).  
  • It is easy to clean! Wipe it down with a disinfectant. Done. Mine smells awful almost all the time because I sweat like a pig. 
  • I am always checking to see if I have met my goals. In general it is suggested that you get around 10,000 steps a day. I set my step goal from 17,000 to 20,000 depending if I am working that day. As a zoo keeping intern I am on my feet all day and typically get about 10 miles easy by noon. 
  • You can compete with friends and family on the app! There are competitions that you can ask your friends and family to join during the week and sometimes there are themes which can make it even more fun. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zoo Sunday Round Up

Baby Cooper

Signs of Spring