The Bachelor Finale: Who's team are you on?

The Bachelor: Why we love it. 

Before I say anything else my golden rule about deciding who I like as a contestant is if I could ever be her friend under normal circumstances. If she can't hang Ben Higgins she ain't the one. 

www.thedenverchannel.com

Ah... Ben Higgins. He is a stud, he is kind, he is caring, and he is just as awkward as we are. We love Ben because he honestly doesn't know how cute he is. But the real question is why do we all love the Bachelor so much? There are many reasons and for all you closet Bachelor and Bachelorette lovers out there it is time to come out. 

We love the drama. I love the drama.
When do we ever get to be a part of drama without actually dealing with the social / emotional / heart crushing ramifications? 

 As women, or at least for me, I download and demand that my friends and family download about their love lives. No matter your career path, your education, your degree ... we all have relationships and it is part of our social culture to talk about them. We need input. We are primates for God's sake, social creatures who need to converse to form strong social bonds. But really... its important. What better venue for female bonding than talking about a relationship or BETTER YET 20 relationships that will not break your lady soulmates hearts? 

We love that we have all been one of those girls at one point. We have all been embarrassingly drunk in front of a guy you like. If you haven't God bless you, I have and I am thankful that Kevan finds drunk Gracyn endearing. 

We can all remember a time that we were that girl that is so obviously perfect and the guy that you like likes some other girl because her breasts are jacked so high up that they may or may not suffocate her. 

Let us not forget all the female bonding that occurs ON THE SHOW. We can relate to these women on so many levels. We have been there, we are there, or we are headed there. 

This show has the potential of creating unrealistic expectations for women, but hell if I am dating a man with a dozen other women you better take me on some kick ass dates to make up for kissing all of them and then me having to watch it back with you after you give me that final rose and ring. 

This show is unrealistic but so is becoming a zookeeper in some individuals eyes. The success rate is better than most women's track record with men (or women). 

JoJo vs. Lauren B. 

Shh poor Ben don't cry because you told two women you loved them and broke all the cardinal rules of the Bachelor in the process. You are just a man. 

I am team Jojo. When I filled out my bracket I had Caila going all the way but then she had that weird one on one date with Ben where she sounded like a girl who didn't want to sound like too much of a sure thing which *come on ladies* we all know is a KISS OF DEATH. She hung on longer than I thought she would but then her dad and his pants. She was done. 

So who's team are you on? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zoo Sunday Round Up

Baby Cooper

Signs of Spring