Maryland Zoo



Today I was just offered an internship at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore working with the Chimp Forest Team.

I am excited and extremely nervous. Primates are the most intimating animal besides elephants or dolphins/whales in my opinion to work with.

So far I have worked with a wide variety of animals. I got started at the Milford Nature Center in Milford KS.

There I was a volunteer and then hired as a Naturalist working with native wildlife of Kansas.

Then I transferred to UNCW, the University of North Carolina Wilmington, and started working at the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital and the Cape Fear Raptor Center.

Most recently I just completed an internship at the Houston Zoo with the Carnivore Department working with amazing people and animals.

So with my natural progression so far it would only make sense that I would end up working with animals that are even more challenging than the last.

Two years ago with Milly the bobcat kitten!

Boyfriend Boss and my amazing boss working with our bald eagle at Milford

October and I while finishing her treatments.
Working at the Cape Fear Raptor Center.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zoo Sunday Round Up

Baby Cooper

Signs of Spring